FAIRGROUNDS MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Director’s Conference Room, Governor’s House
344 Tully Road
San Jose, California 95111
Monday, December 19, 2016, 3:00 p.m.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Government Code Section 54956, that the Fairgrounds Management Corporation will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, December 19, 2016 at 3:00 p.m., in Directors’ Conference Room, Governor’s House, 344 Tully Road San Jose, California.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the Following Items:
· Approve minutes of the December 15, 2016 Special Meeting.
· Elect Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Fairgrounds Management Corporation.
· Elect Chief Financial Officer of the Fairgrounds Management Corporation.
· Direct County Counsel to work with Fairgrounds Management Corporation to identify and select a financial audit firm for purposes of conducting a thorough financial audit of the fairgrounds and return with a proposed agreement for Fairgrounds Management Corporation approval.
· Recess to Closed Session to Consider the Following Items:
o Public Employee Appointment (Government Code Section 54957(b)): It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session to discuss the position of Executive Director.
o Possible Initiation of Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4)): It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session to confer with Legal Counsel regarding one item of possible initiation of litigation.
· Reconvene into open session and announce reportable actions, if any, taken in Closed Session.
· Delegate authority to interim Executive Director to enter into contracts and perform all other duties required of the Executive Director position.
Members of the public may address the Board concerning any item described above before or during consideration of that item (Government Code Section 54954.3(a)).
Given by order of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors on the 16th day of December, 2016.
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
STATE OF CALIFORNIA, a
political subdivision of the
STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
Jessica Schmidt, Deputy Clerk
Fairgrounds Management Corporation