COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Conference Room 157
County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street
San Jose, California 95110
Monday, January 9, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Government Code Section 54956, that the Roads Commission will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, January 9, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., in Conference Room 157, County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, California.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the following items:
· Minutes approval:
o Approve minutes of the July 11, 2016 Regular Meeting.
o Approve minutes of the September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting.
o Approve minutes of the November 14, 2016 Regular Meeting.
· Receive report from Roads and Airports Department relating to construction of the Stevens Creek Bridge Replacement Project.
· Receive report from Roads and Airports Department relating to the California Statewide Local Streets and Roads Needs Assessment 2016.
· Discuss Commission Work Plan for Fiscal Year July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 (FY 2018) and Accomplishments for FY 2017, to be submitted to the Clerk of the Board by April 1, 2017, and subsequently forwarded to the Board of Supervisors through the Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation Committee
· Discuss and approve Roads Commission meeting schedule for calendar year 2017.
· Discuss and approve suspending the Finance and Strategic Planning Subcommittee.
· Discuss and approve forming a Revenue Analysis Ad Hoc Subcommittee for the purpose of developing recommendations to the Board of Supervisors relating to revenue options to address a potential Fiscal Year 2017-2018 budget deficit for the operations and maintenance of unincorporated roads and expressways, and appoint Commissioners to serve on the subcommittee.
· Receive report from Roads and Airports Department relating to Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority Technical Advisory Committee meetings.
· Receive verbal report from Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
· Receive verbal reports from Chairperson and Commissioners.
· Receive verbal reports from Director, Roads and Airports Department, and Staff.
· Announcements and correspondence:
o Chairperson's announcements.
o Commissioners' announcements.
o There are currently two vacancies on the Commission. For Internet access to the vacancies list and applications visit http://www.sccgov.org/sites/bos/bnc.
o The County of Santa Clara provides reimbursement to appointed Commissioners for child care expenses incurred during the time spent performing their official County duties. For additional information please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Board at (408) 299-5001.
Members of the public may address the Commission concerning any item described above before or during consideration of that item (Government Code Section 54954.3(a)).
Given by order of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors on the 4th day of January, 2017.
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
STATE OF CALIFORNIA, a
political subdivision of the
STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
Jean Anton, Deputy Clerk