MOSCOW SISTER-COUNTY COMMISSION
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Conference Room 157
County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street
San Jose, California 95110
Monday, February 6, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Government Code Section 54956, that the Moscow Sister-County Commission will hold a Special Meeting on Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m., in Room 157, County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, California.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the following items:
· Approve minutes of the September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting.
· Discuss and approve Moscow Sister-County Commission meeting schedule for calendar year 2017. (ID# 84497)
· Consider recommendations relating to hosting a 2017 Open World Delegation. (ID# 84498)
o Discuss and approve hosting an Open World Delegation in 2017, pending grant approval and final host selection process.
o Discuss and approve total delegation budget not to exceed $7,000, or an amount to be determined at meeting.
o Establish an ad-hoc delegation planning committee, and appoint Commissioners to serve on the committee.
· Receive report from the Events Ad Hoc Subcommittee relating to fundraising ideas, sponsorship opportunities, and other events.
· Receive report relating to Educational Connections Program, including status of current projects with Marina School in Russia and Harker School and Christopher High School in Santa Clara County.
· Receive verbal report relating to identifying topical areas of interest to explore for grant opportunities in 2016-2017.
· Receive report relating to 2016 U.S.-Russia Sister Cities Conference and related activities.
· Discuss and approve funding in an amount not to exceed $1,200 to the Scientific Expedition to Account for the Romanov Children (S.E.A.R.C.H) Foundation to sponsor a lecture series presented by the Foundation tentatively scheduled for Spring 2017, to be paid for by the Commission trust fund.
· Discuss Commission Work Plan for Fiscal Year July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 (FY2018) and Accomplishments for FY2017, to be submitted to the Clerk of the Board by April 1, 2017, and subsequently forwarded to the Board of Supervisors through the Finance and Government Operations Committee. (ID# 84912)
· Announcements and correspondence.
Members of the public may address the Commission concerning any item described above before or during consideration of that item (Government Code Section 54954.3(a)).
Given by order of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors on the 2nd day of February, 2017.
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
STATE OF CALIFORNIA, a
political subdivision of the
STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
Jessica Schmidt, Deputy Clerk
Moscow Sister-County Commission