FAIRGROUNDS MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Conference Room 157
County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street
San Jose, California 95110
Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to Government Code Section 54956, that the Fairgrounds Management Corporation will hold a Special Meeting on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 2:00 p.m., in Conference Room 157, County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, California.
The purpose of the meeting is to consider the following Items:
· Discuss and approve response of Fairgrounds Management Corporation to the Request for Proposals issued by the County of Santa Clara relating to the future of the Fairgrounds.
· Discuss agreement between Fairgrounds Management Corporation (FMC) and Hemming Morse LLP for financial audit services and approve delegation of authority to Mary Bartlett, Interim Executive Director, to execute an agreement between Fairgrounds Management Corporation and Hemming Morse, LLP for financial audit services. Elect Chief Financial Officer of the Fairgrounds Management Corporation.
· Discuss and approve FMC Board of Directors meeting location for February 22, 2017.
· Recess to Closed Session to Consider the Following Items:
o Possible Initiation of Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4)): It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session to confer with Legal Counsel regarding one item of possible initiation of litigation.
o Public Employee Appointment (Government Code Section 54957(b)): It is the intention of the Board to meet in Closed Session to discuss the position of Executive Director.
· Reconvene into open session and announce reportable actions, if any, taken in Closed Session.
Members of the public may address the Board concerning any item described above before or during consideration of that item (Government Code Section 54954.3(a)).
Given by order of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors on the 10th day of February, 2017.
COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA
STATE OF CALIFORNIA, a
political subdivision of the
STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
Jessica Schmidt, Deputy Clerk
Fairgrounds Management Corporation