This report is informational in nature and any future funding impacts will come to the Board separately.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATION
On March 22, 2016, the Board requested that the Administration prepare for quarterly study sessions to provide for additional updates to the Board on jail reform efforts and to allow for more focus and discussion on these items. The first study session took place on June 28, 2016, and this is the second study session.
Attached to this item are the presentation materials and updates for the Board’s information from Sheriff’s Office/Department of Correction, Health and Hospital System/Custody Health Services, Facilities and Fleet Department, County Executive’s Office, and Harvey M. Rose Associates, LLC.
· Actions Taken on Jail Reforms
· Board Actions on Jail Reform Initiatives and Funding
· List of recommendations that have been reviewed by FGOC
· Jail Reform Matrix Status Report and Example of Simplified Matrix
· List of current jail construction projects
· PowerPoint presentation from County departments on progress that has been made since the Board’s last study session on June 28, 2016
The updated Jail Reform matrix can be found at www.sccgov.org/jailreforms.
The recommended action will have no/neutral impact on children and youth.
The recommended action will have no/neutral impact on seniors.
The recommended action will have no/neutral sustainability implications.